Thursday, December 15, 2011

Apple vs Google

Due to my job change (I only had a company phone) I got myself a brand new mobile contract including a Samsung Galaxy S II.

So I was facing the challenge to migrate my data from company IPhone to private Android phone with no knowledge about how to do that - at all.

But thanks to Chris Moor at Talk Android and a nice app called iSMS2droid my contacts and sms got migrated in minutes. Adding music and pictures to an Android is simple as can be, the memory system is open an can be accessed like a USB-Stick. Even moved photos made on IPhone to the Galaxy photo gallery.

On the other hand, I still have some mp3's and pictures left on the IPhone that I don't even know how to delete. Me and ITunes will never become friends, even loose aquaintance is a PITA.

Open systems are not easier to learn but are quite more fun to get used to.

No comments: